Job Title: Graphics Designer, Publication
Reports to: Team Leader, Publication/GM, Head of Operations
Purpose of the position
A graphic designer is responsible for creating design solutions which have a high visual impact. The role involves listening to clients and understanding their needs before making design decisions. Their designs are required for a huge variety of products and activities, such as websites, advertising, books, magazines, posters, product packaging, exhibitions and displays, corporate communications and corporate identity etc.
Under the guidance of the Team Leader Publication/GM, Head of Operations
- Meeting clients or account managers to discuss the business objectives and requirements of the job;
- Interpreting the client’s business needs and developing a concept to suit their purpose;
- Developing design briefs by gathering information and data through research;
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts;
- Working with a wide range of media, including photography and adobe suites, particularly Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator;
- Proof reading to produce accurate and high-quality work;
- Demonstrating illustrative skills with rough sketches;
- Working on layouts and artworking pages ready for print;
- Keeping abreast of emerging technologies in new media, particularly design programs such as FreeHand, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat;
- Working as part of a team with printers, copywriters, photographers, stylists, illustrators, other designers, account executives, web developers and marketing specialists
- You will also be responsible to make liaison with artist groups to bring in new ideas
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- University Graduate/ Fine arts student with Certificate Course on Graphic Design will set advantage.
- The applicant should be an expert in DTP with 2-3 years working knowledge in Mac environment.(including the following programs: CS5, Adobe Illustrator, QuarkXPress, Photoshop, In Design). Experience on a PC also required.
- Excellent computer skills-Power Point, Word and e mail
- Good spoken and written skills both in English & Bangla
- Experience in free hand drawing and art direction will be an added advantage.
- Innovative thinker
- Strong customer service skills
- Be a flexible team player within Drik, sharing the vision and ethics
- Excellent in written and verbal communication
Job Nature: Full-time
Job Location: Dhaka
Other Benefits: As per company policy
Interested and capable candidates who think can meet the job requirement, apply with mentioning title of the position on the top of envelop to GM Operations, Drik, House 58, Road 15A, Dhanmondi, Dhaka 1209 by 31 August, 2015. Please mark the name of the post on the top of the envelope.
You can also send your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Any persuasion for the position will be considered as disqualification.